Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How do I request a copy of my military records?

Answer: If you've been discharged from military service, your personnel files are stored at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). They are the official repository for records of military personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard. All prior service members and veterans can request copies of their military service records from the National Archives veteran service records office. For any adjustments to your record you will also have to contact your state office and request adjustment to your record. For NGB Forms, to include NGB Forms 22, and 23, please contact your state headquarters and respective branch that you served in. States are required by law, to maintain these records for 99 years.

Question: How do I request assistance/information concerning my military retirement? (Active Army, USAR, ARNG)?

Answer: Contact the Army Human Resources Command.

Question: How do I check the status or location of a publication or form not listed or available on this site?

Answer: If a publication or form that you are looking for is not listed on this site it may be either obsolete or replaced by another product. Please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to provide a solution to your search .

Question: How do I find Air National Guard publications and forms?

Answer: All Air National Guard Products can now be found on the Air force e-publishing portal.

Question: How do I request assistance/information from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service?

Answer: Please visit the Defense Finance and Accounting Service website who provide payment services to the Department of Defense and its employees.

Question: How do I order Presidential Certificates or Certificates of Appreciation?

Answer: A DD Form 2542, "Certificate of Appreciation for Service in the Armed Forces of the United States:" These shall be presented to each member retiring from the Military Services after serving 20 or more years and attaining eligibility to receive retired pay. These certificates are prescribed by DoDI 1348.34 and available to order from the APD point and click service.

Question: How do I download NGB Letterheads?

Answer: NGB Letterheads can be obtain on GKN